Saturday, November 30, 2013

Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation


I recieved this product from Influenster to test for free.

Hey everyone, sorry I've been MIA, I am currently in the homestretch of finals and I have come down with the flu so sorry about the arm swatch instead of a face swatch!

I was sent this product and have been wearing it for about 3-4 weeks now. I'm pretty impressed as far as it being a drugstore foundation. The Stay Matte Mousse has minimal coverage as you can see by my swatch where I applied half over my tattoo. It does it good job at fading/blending but it is NOT a full coverage item. The color I got was True Ivory 103 which actually looks too yellow on my arm but works fine on my face thanks to my face doing a much better job at tanning.
The formula is easy to apply, though if you start with freshly cleaned skin that is a bit dry you WILL need a little mouisturizer on beforehand or it will be challenging to get the product to spread evenly! On average I wore this for about 9 hours a day without touch ups and I did use oil blotting sheets without problem. There was very little transfer after the product sets. The foundation is supposed to have a build in shine control and it did work a bit but my face still got a bit oily through the day, I do have oily/combination skin though.
The absolute best part about this product though; I had ZERO breakouts while using this! I'm normally very careful about the face products I will try because my skin hates so many things but I didn't have a problem with clogged pores or irritation from this at all!
I will for sure try this again when it hits the stores but I will experiment with different shades since this one was a bit on the yellow side for me.

1 comment: