Monday, July 29, 2013

Wet N Wild Pop Art LE "To Muse and Carouse" Review/Look!

Hey everyone; so I refuse to get behind on these mini reviews I will be doing on ALL of the limited edition trios from Wet N Wild in their Pop Art collection. You can also check out the collective haul by clicking HERE.

The first one I tried out was To Muse and Carouse. I will be posting my grid pic below but if you would like to check out my the post my friend did, which she took WAY more pics than I and you can see the colors on a warm skin tone, click HERE.

This trio looks like it has a bit of shimmer to it but I didn't really notice any while swatching or wearing. I also mean that this trio *looked* to have shimmer in it when I took a pic but just looking at the shadows regular light, I see nothing of shimmer anything! There is a matte fleshy peach color that is labeled "browbone", a slightly shimmery mocha brown labeled "crease", and a matte robin egg blue labeled "eyelid". I say matte in kind of a half cocked manner as there *SEEMS* to be a slight shimmer but I didn't notice it when applied and it's so very little that I almost think it is transfer from the brown.

Here is a pic! ALL pictures were taken using flash because I couldn't find decent lighting, sorry! The hand swatch is w/o primer while my eyes have primer applied.

I used a brow highlight of my own :/ followed by the peach color to blend in the brown towards the eyebrow, the mocha is used in my crease, and the robin egg blue is used as an over all lid color with a bit more peach as an inner corner highlight.

I will say that I wore this while out and about and I get OILY! REALLY FREAKIN' BAD!! I had no fading, creasing, or smearing for the whole 10-11 hours that I wore this! That is pretty awesome, I used Hard Candy brand eye primer under though. I find that while the shadows, like all WNW shadows, are a bit powdery, the peach and mocha had very good pigmentation. The blue... Well, that's another story. I tried my best to apply the blue and it was just patchfest all up in my face! The more I tried to layer, the more streaky and washed out it looked! I tried it wet and tried packing it on and it failed! I found out the *BEST* way to apply it is with the sponge brush that comes with the shadows. Trust me, it worked wonders for some reason, this just did not like my brush at all!

For a small 2.99$ though, I'm fine with what I got, now that I know the trick this trio is usable and I do enjoy the color combo so I'm pretty happy.

What do you think about it? Leave me a comment below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment