Friday, June 14, 2013

Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure

I was given this product for free from Influenster for reviewing purposes. Everything within is my own, honest feedback about the product.

So I have been part of Influenster for awhile now and recently they sent me the Spring Fever Voxbox. In this box their was a set of the imPress nails, unfortunately for me they were REALLY SHORT! I had broke a few nails recently and figured might as well cut the rest to try these out.

This is what Influenster says about these:

Broadway nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure features advanced nail technology, so you can get a salon-perfect manicure in seconds - simply peel off, press on, and you're done. There's no drying, a killer shine and a manicure that lasts up to a week! ($5.99-$7.99) You can visit their website by clicking HERE!

Alright... So let me start off by showing you a pic:

Okay, so it is a very cute design, very summer like, but as you can see these are SHORT! Yes, these are the shorter ones but I have used the Med. length as well and they are not much longer. I would not recommend these if you have deep nail beds because they will not be long enough, I had to cut my nails down to stubs! The length is not the only problem I ran into either. While the nail was "flat" against my nail, you could tell from most views that these were press on's because you could see the gap since the adhesive is somewhat thick that the nail will not fully lay on your actual nail. These nails also have tips where you can tell they were cut off the rack they were made on with no attempt to file it off which I just don't believe I should have to file something I am already paying 6+$ for if I were to get it at the store.

Now that we are over the things that really didn't win me over, lets talk about the positives. These were SO quick to get on, it only took me about 2 minutes! While they did not stay on for a week, they did stay on for 3 days before one came off and I took the rest off because the polish was chipping a bit around the top edges. If the bottom of the nails were a bit more round instead of square, these would have fit A LOT better for me. I also am kinda peeved at the wasteful packaging, seriously? Waste that much plastic to make it look like a polish bottle? Why? How about lets try not to make things that go directly to the landfill... This was supposed to be the positives but I got all negative Nancy on ya, sorry bros.

Would I spend that kind of money on this product? No, it just didn't work out for me, I prefer to either polish my own nails or use polish strips.

Would I recommend this? I guess it doesn't hurt to have a few setting around for days you are in a serious rush and just can't get to waiting for drying time or cutting strips to size.

What would I rate this product? I'd give it a 3.5/10, I'm just not won over, they didn't fit properly, too short, and wasteful packaging. They do have cute designs and it is handy for a super rush job but that's kinda where the story ends.

Have you tried these? What do you think? Leave me some love in the comments below! :) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment