Thursday, March 14, 2013

New 2013 Hard Candy Nail Polishes! Reviews

I was so excited about the nail polishes that came out from Hard Candy this year that I STALKED my local walmartS. I picked up 7 in total (the top one is a Pure ICE one that I got because it was pretty and included in my haul lol.) I've tried most of them so far and I've been really happy with the way they look. The wear time is alright, maybe if I used a top coat it would be better but I didn't want to make the gummy ones look shiny. I got 3-4 days of wear before chipping although I do work a lot with my hands and did dishes at least once during each set. I was a little worried that the gummy ones would turn out sheer but it went on pretty thick and was opaque after 2 coats or 3 if you apply it thin. The Glitter one I had to put 3 coats to make my nail fully covered which was fine since these dried pretty quickly, I'd say around 15min. and that's without fully waiting for the first coat to dry, I also used a bottom coat.

I think I enjoy the Crushed Chrome line the best, I actually want to go get the rest of them because they are all dual toned and I LOVE these! They dry and look just like METAL! Overall though, I was so happy with these, the gummy ones are perfect for spring and just look adorable with a semi-matte finish (looks like it anyway!) I actually might try a matte top coat later and put up a pic. At only 4$ a pop, these are incredible and I'm pretty super satisfied. <3 :)

All of my nails were done with 2 coats! No top coat but a base coat was used. :) Enjoy!

Gummy Green and Hip Hip Hooray

Peach Pop

Crush on Copper and Hip Hip Hooray

14 comments:

  1. Now I want to go out and buy those! I've never tried Hard Candy polish. That Hip Hip Hooray looks awesome! The peach pop is cute too!

    Visiting from the Aloha Friday Bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All polishes looks very nice!


    http://makeupdemon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those colors are sooooo pretty! I might have to pick up some of those!
    Follow me back? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jenna <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! never got a notification of your comment! Just followed back, thank you <3

      Delete
  4. Hi there! Stopping by from the Aloha hop! Followed with GFC, FB and Twitter! Love a follow back! Alaina from Bullock's Buzz (http://www.bullocksbuzz.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I followed back, sorry I do not have a FB and twitter for my blog though. :)

      Delete
  5. Ooops! Copy and pasting to save time, meant to say followed by GFC. Do you have FB and Twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Shannon! Just stopping by your lovely blog from the Aloha Friday Blog Hop. These polishes look great, I love the dark pink one, unfortunately we don't have Hard Candy available here but my American friend did send me some of their eye shadows and they were great. I'm now following your blog via GFC and look forward to your future posts! :)

    If you wish to check out my blog the link is - www.labelledsm.blogspot.ie

    Lots of love from Ireland,
    Fiona
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I followed you back :) I have to say I am mostly a fan of their polishes, I always find the rest of their products hit or miss with me but that's because I'm spoiled with Sugarpill and MAC, haha.

      Delete
  7. Great blog! I found you from the Aloha Blog Hop and I'm your newest follower!

    Missy Inspired
    http://missyinspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow the set is very lovely, nice colors and textures. My favourite is Hip Hip Hooray, I like the sparkles.
    I can wait to see more swatches from you is you present such great polishes.
    I stopped by from the Aloha FRiday Blog Hop. I am from this moment your new GFC follower. I hope you would like to check my blog to if you'd like, I am also in to nail polishes

    http://o-fata-simpla.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been slow with updates as I've been swamped with homework so hopefully soon! <3 Followed back :)

      Delete