Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ipsy February Glambag Review!!!


So I FINALLY made my post about my glambag this month! I've been so busy and stressed with school that I just have not had time to get to much blogging at all. I've also not been feeling the best but I think that is my lack of gym time lately. ANYWAY:

What came in the bag:

LashCards (4 cards) - 2.80$
Pop Beauty Kapow Mascara (travel size) - 5$
Mica Beauty Gel Liner (full size) - 30$
Pixie Flawless and Poreless (travel size .5oz) - 14.36$
Coastal Scents Eyeshadow (4 pan mini sample) - 4$

Total: 53.64$

Pretty good deal huh?! For only 10$ a month (and I have the year sub. so I get a month free) I get a bag full of goodies each month! I love ipsy; if you'd like to try them out (there is a waitlist now) click here.

Reviews!

LashCards
- I was not excited about these; I may have been kind of upset we were getting this "filler" item actually. I find these wasteful; there are many different options that are not a one use throw away item! I did find it useful for tracing my brows though, I found them to be pointless for using as described. I messed my mascara up WAY more than normal, I usually don't even get any smudges normally. I just really don't even know what this company was thinking by coming out with these; way to care about the environment.

Pop Beauty Kapow Mascara - I am not a mascara junky, on the contrary, I dislike mascara shopping because I have insane long lashes and I need VOLUME not length! I love that Ipsy sent this because it lets me weed out the lengthening culprits. I actually was shocked by how much I liked this! I love that it gives me volume with minimal lengthening and that it doesn't get tacky or bundle my lashes together. I had no problems with flakes or smudges and I just LOVED this product!

Mica Beauty Gel Liner -  I have never heard of Mica Beauty before, I use gel liner sometimes and I have to say that this is a really nice formula. It goes on so smooth and easily and has great color to it. It stays in place once it dries which is pretty quick as well. I even took a shower with it on and it didn't go anywhere! The only thing I don't like is the price; I have used many gel liners and have to say that I've had similar products if not ones that work the same (I can provide a list if anyone wants to know) that are a 1/3 of the price. The amount you get in a full size is also kinda of lacking from other brands I have used. I really like this liner but I honestly don't think I would splurge the money to buy it when I have cheaper alternatives.

Pixi Flawless and Poreless - Another primer already? Eh, I don't mind, I don't use them. I was going to do a giveaway with a few items but I don't know how many would be interested so I gave this to my mom. Winters in Michigan are pretty bad and she gets mega dry skin so I was happy to see that it is also a good moisturizer! She really loves the texture and the fact that it hydrates without feeling oily. It does have an odd smell which I confirmed but it's not overpowering or bothersome. At least she loves it, more than the smashbox primer she had been using because most primers are not really hydrating so this was a for sure plus! (My mom says thanks Ipsy!)

Coastal Scents Eyshadow - I got the palette with the black shadows! I was really happy I got this one actually! The names are:
Candlelight (shimmer off-white), Gunmetal (Black with red and orange shimmer <3), Incognito (Black with minimal white shimmer), and Ashen (Beige with tan shimmer).
I've already owned Coastal Scents and these were just as amazing as my others! I love that they are nicely pigmented, way more so than other brands in their price range, and they wear for a good amount of time (7+ hours) without needing a touch up! Well as long as you use primer they will, I use the E.L.F. primer. Also, I noticed a lot of people complaining about the size of these and I actually love the cute small package they sent us, it's so easy to carry and I wish they actually sold shadows this size because I HATE bulky packages!

So all in all, this was a good month, not the best and not the worst. I like that they did all makeup items this month because everyone who follows me knows I'm addicted to makeup! If you didn't know, I dropped my other subs. for Ipsy because the others just couldn't hold a candle to the value Ipsy sends and it just seemed silly to keep lesser boxes. I did recently sign up for the Goodies box though! Can't wait to post about that.

Anyway, if you haven't done so, you should sub. me! I want to do some giveaways once my count gets up a bit! Let me know in the comments about maybe what things you'd like to see for giveaway, if I get enough feedback I may do one in a week or so! :) Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about everything in the box, and am actually really curious about the alternatives that you've found for the Mica Eyeliner.

    I love the eyeliner, but $30 is absolutely ridiculous. I appreciate that Ipsy gives us the discount, but even with the discount, it's not worth it at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally use the Maybelline gel liner and it works the same as the one we got, it's also between 5-9$ at most any stores that have a beauty section. Also the color tattoo cremes can double as a liner and come in some super neon shades and work really well.

      Delete