Sunday, November 18, 2012

November GlamBag (Ipsy) Myglam


I just wanted to do a run down of all the items I got in my November glambag from Ipsy (http://www.ipsy.com) (BTW I got all of this for 10$!! with their monthly subscription!)

Starlet eyeliner in All I Want is Peace Love and Chocolate:
Full Sized : 11$ http://starletcosmetics.com
I've used this eyeliner for a week now and I have to say that I am not like super WOW or anything; The color on the cap does not look exactly like the color when applied but it is close, it actually applies a bit lighter. While this was a useful eyeliner for lining my lid and filling in between lashes, it did not stay on my water line that great and constantly ended up in the corners of my eyes when I tried. It did stay on my lid and not budge all day and easily came off with soap and water. While I think this could be a useful eyeliner for smudging, it's not something I'd wear everyday and the quality is not 11$ worth, other than that I liked it but would probably only purchase it if there was a good sale or something. 

Nailtini in Millionaire
Full sized: 13$ http://www.tinibeauty.com
This is my favorite product out of the whole bag! I loved layering this polish over different shades. There is so much sparkle that it's insane and keeps me super distracted at school, I also love the blue/green flecks in it as well! I had some chipping problems though it might be due to the base color I used so I'm still experimenting with different shades/brands for the base but I LOVE this polish and think 13$ is a good deal for it considering the loads of glitter in it! 

The Balm Meet Matt(e) in Matt Batali
Single: 3.83$ https://www.thebalm.com
This shadow is a burnt brown with purple undertones, depending on the type of primer you use it may appear more/less purple. I used mine with both a nude and white primer and the white primer made this shadow look like a washed out purple which was okay but not what I wanted. I think this shadow is best with the nude since you can still tell it's brown when applied. I wasn't impressed by the staying power of this shadow without primer seeing as the price is around the range of some more higher end palettes so I was expecting a bit more, however, when I layered the product on, I did really like the look and it was easy to blend with other shadows and didn't fade through the day. 

BareMinerals Moxie in DareDevil
Full size: 18$ (I am not sure if ours was a full size or not)
The lipgloss is supposed to give you pouty lips with a lot of shine, mine did exactly that. While the lipgloss in the tube looks like a dark purple (something I would never wear!) it actually goes on quite sheer with a good amount of sparkle/shimmer to the product. My lips did feel tingly the whole time I had it on but it felt cooling and pleasant and it did make my lips appear fuller! This gloss smells edible and I really have no complaints at all besides the gloss being kind of sticky, it's not horrible or anything but you can feel that it's a bit sticky and does come off a bit on glasses. I did not have a problem with this drying up or becoming tacky so that's a plus!

Chella Brow Defining Gel
Sample size (cannot give price because the website doesn't like weight content) Full size: 18$
I don't have eyebrows... I can't even test this and review the product, even if I could mine came dried up/with no product. I contacted ipsy and they are going to send me a new one but as far as I can tell the most use I'll get out of this is maybe to blend my lashes into my falsies. Personally, I don't see the need for brow gels, why not just use a wax so they don't appear stiff. The brush that comes with the product is horrible! If I were to use that on my face it would have scratched the hell out of me! I brushed it against my hand and it was unpleasant, stiff, and scratchy. Hopefully this can double as how I want to use this. I'll update this later when I get my replacement product.


Overall, I am super happy about the bag, it was easily worth double the amount I paid and I got the bag itself to use for make up! :) I don't understand why the included the Justfab coupon, it's not an ipsy deal it's just the deal the company gives to ANY new member so that's just obnoxious to get advertisement that isn't good for people already members of something :/ Wish I could have used the code though!

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic however , I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or
    maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My blog addresses a lot of the same
    topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each
    other. If you are interested feel free to send me an e-mail.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Fantastic blog by the way!
    Check out my web site ... Best Natural Sleep Aid

    ReplyDelete