Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hard Candy World Balmination Tinted Lip Balm Review

Note:
I purchased these products myself and in no way receive compensation for my time or review by any company.


So I was going through the make up area last night and came across a display that was being set up. I have been a fan of Hard Candy for awhile and noticed they had new lip products. I am absolutely in love with tinted balms because I dislike wearing dark or bold colors on my lips as I typically cake on eyeshadow, ya gotta balance it somewhere! I was going to buy all of them but decided to try them first so I bought the pale shade (lovestruck) and the most vibrant shade (Fishnet). There was a white one but I decided to go against it since I was buying them for the color and not just the balm factor.


Fishnet

Lovestruck
At first glance the packaging is really super cute, it reminded me of the Tokidoki design except a bit more flashy which doesn't bother me at all. Upon opening it I could not believe how amazing it smelt! It seriously smells like lemon meringue pie! The strength of the scent varied though, it was more dominant in the darker color I bought (Fishnet). Application was super smooth, it wasn't waxy or anything, also if you have a habit of licking your lips this is probably one of the worst things to get because it seriously tastes like cake!
The color was pretty decent considering it's only tinted balm.  Fishnet turned out to be a nice natural glossy pink and Lovestruck was more noticeable since it actually showed up pretty pale on me. I do wish that they were a bit more tinted but all in all they work really well and lasted for a good amount of time. I wore Fishnet all day and I only had to reapply it a few times and it never got sticky or gross so I will for sure continue to use them. If you like candy flavored gloss and sweet scents I would say to definitely try these out as they are really reasonably priced and work great!

If you'd like to get a second opinion on this product you should visit my friend who did a post on it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment